Utah Warriors Announce Formation of Strategic Advisory Board
Salt Lake City, UT—On the heels of the Utah Warriors 35-19 victory over the Austin Elite and their recent announcement of notable international signings of former Rugby World Cup Champion All Black Adam Thomson and 2016 Gold Medalist Pat Ravouvou, CEO and GM Kimball Kjar announced the formation of the team’s first Strategic Advisory Board.
With the Board’s objective to amplify and support the Utah Warriors’ mission of creating America’s epicenter of rugby, members of the Board come from a diverse cross section of the rugby, sports, entertainment, business and civic communities.
Members of the new Utah Warriors Strategic Advisory Board:
- Dean Howes: Major League Rugby, Commissioner. Former Co-Founder of Real Salt Lake and partner in Sports Capital Partners
- Martin Jensen: SL County Parks & Recreation, Director. Former Public Affairs Director of NASA
- Owen Power: Utah Youth Rugby, President & CFO of Traco. Former VP of Finance & Operations of Space Monkey
- Garrett Clark: Silicon Slopes, Director of Operations
- Adam Chandio: Intermountain Healthcare, Administrator/CEO at TOSH and Executive Leader for Sports Medicine and Sports Performance.
- Guy Woodbury: Woodbury Corporation, SVP of Hospitality
- Phil Anderson: Beacon Learning Group and EasyTutor, CEO
- Wayne Tarawhiti: Workday, Professional Services Manager. Former BYU & UVU Rugby Asst. Coach and ADP Client Services Manager
- Steve Barth: SB Strategies, Political Consultant
- Ryan Hemingway: Director, Epic Ventures
- Amy Donaldson: Reporter/Writer, Deseret News & CEO of Loudmouth Project
Utah Warriors CEO and GM Kimball Kjar said this group’s eclectic background and experience will help the team grow on and off the field.
“We have a unique opportunity here in Utah to do something truly special,” Kjar said, “And these individuals have all raised their hands to help us live up to that ideal and more. We are grateful to each of them and look forward to broadening the Warriors’ abilities in our community with this Board’s assistance.”
Board member Phil Anderson, who is also a Utah Warriors Season Ticket Holder, echoed Kjar’s sentiment on the potential of the Warriors to impact Utah’s communities.
“I am certain that the Utah Warriors have a very bright future!” Anderson expressed, “We’ll continue to see accelerating growth of one of the world’s most exciting and loved games in the Beehive State and Nationwide. I am thrilled to support that future by serving on the Advisory Board as our team and organization become one of the best in Major League Rugby.”
The Utah Warriors Strategic Advisory Board will meet regularly with Warriors executive leadership and coaching staff.
As a founding member of Major League Rugby the Utah Warriors are set up to make Utah the epicenter of rugby for North America. With Utah’s rich history of success in one of the world’s largest international sports the Warriors aim to provide the “most exciting game on turf” to Utah’s families, kids and businesses. Having set a record attendance for an MLR on March 30th, 2018 of 9,086 and making the playoffs in the team’s inaugural season in 2018 and with Utah’s historical success and passion for the game of rugby, the Utah Warriors are excitedly building what will be an MLR Championship team in the future.
SALT LAKE CITY (January 2, 2019) – Major League Rugby (MLR) is
SALT LAKE CITY (December 9, 2019) – Today, Major League Rugby (MLR)
Salt Lake City, UT — The Utah Warriors domestic players reported to
- January 2020 (1)
- December 2019 (3)
- November 2019 (8)
- October 2019 (8)
- September 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (1)
- July 2019 (1)
- June 2019 (3)
- May 2019 (10)
- April 2019 (12)
- March 2019 (5)
- February 2019 (6)
- January 2019 (4)
- December 2018 (3)
- September 2018 (1)
- August 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (3)
- May 2018 (8)
- April 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (6)
- February 2018 (6)
- January 2018 (3)
- December 2017 (8)
- November 2017 (5)
- October 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (2)
- July 2017 (1)