Warriors Wednesday : The Coaches Box
Greetings to our great Warriors Nation,
It’s hard to believe that we only have 4 games left in our season, 2 away and 2 home. Even though the score board has not been favorable, we have built a strong foundation for your Warriors to build upon. The Team and players have shown significant improvement over the past two seasons. The addition of Stevie Scott, forwards coach, and James Semple, backs coach, has greatly accelerated the learning and development of this team. 2019 also saw several new players join the Utah Warriors. Each of these players has also contributed to the growth of this team.
We look forward to having Rugby World Cup winning All Black, Adam Thomson and Olympic Gold medalist, Vatemo Ravouvou join us very soon. Come and meet them at our next two home games. They will also be a big part of our 2020 season. These two Champions are the beginning our new recruitment for the 2020 season as we look to continue building the Warriors legacy.
It has been a wonderful challenge to unite players from 10 different nations, such differing rugby IQ’s, beliefs and religions, but we are getting there. The future of this team is looking bright. We feel very privileged, honored and proud to represent this great State and all the communities within it. This has been reflected many times over this season as our players, staff and coaches have reached out to the community in so many ways. We want our community to feel connected to us, as much as we feel connected to them. I am always in awe of the awesome crowds that attend our home games and cheer their hearts out in support of our Warriors. We are so grateful and thank everyone for the wonderful support. Keep those bells ringing!!!
It has been very rewarding to introduce programs that have allowed us to share our rugby knowledge with our community through the following programs;
- JR Warriors – allowed us to offer three coaching clinics to our younger community. Our players had fun providing activities that challenged and brought smiles to our young budding Warriors.
- Utah Warriors Rugby Academy – this has opened some of the expertise of our Warriors coaches and players to our top level high school players. Our Academy Manager has also been able to reach out to our Youth programs, schools and communities to offer assistance in many different ways.
- Warriors Selects – this initiative provided opportunity for our elite Club players to train under the guidance of specialist coaches endorsed by the Warriors. Some of those players are now training with the Utah Warriors team.
In addition to these programs, we also have these great opportunities coming up;
- Warriors SLCO TRY Rugby for FREE Clinics. (See attached Flyer)
- Warriors Summer Camp. (See Attached Flyer)
We are also looking to expand our Academy program as we move into 2020. Keep following us for more details and opportunities.
Thank you all once again for your amazing support. Please come and say hi when you come to our last two home games on May 18th v San Diego and June 1st v Houston. Look forward to seeing you all there.
Coach Alf Daniels
FOR THE NATION! We can't wait to welcome you back Warriors Nation!
UTAH WARRIORS RUGBY HIGH SCHOOL SKILLS CAMP June 22 & 29 and
The Utah Warriors Rugby team tapped four new players in today’s MLR
Major League Rugby (MLR) is looking forward to the 2021 season with
- July 2020 (1)
- June 2020 (4)
- April 2020 (3)
- March 2020 (7)
- February 2020 (14)
- January 2020 (3)
- December 2019 (3)
- November 2019 (7)
- October 2019 (8)
- September 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (1)
- July 2019 (1)
- June 2019 (3)
- May 2019 (10)
- April 2019 (12)
- March 2019 (5)
- February 2019 (6)
- January 2019 (4)
- December 2018 (3)
- September 2018 (1)
- August 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (3)
- May 2018 (8)
- April 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (6)
- February 2018 (6)
- January 2018 (3)
- December 2017 (8)
- November 2017 (5)
- October 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (2)
- July 2017 (1)